The staff at Palo Verde Behavioral Health provides an individualized treatment approach for each patient and family. Each program’s services are appropriate to the scope and level of care required by the patient population served. Each program has specified admission, continued stay, and discharge criteria and the clinical goals for each program are:
- To provide a comprehensive, timely and quality assessment for the patient and his/her family;
- To target specific symptoms and behaviors which require stabilization and need improvement;
- To improve the functioning of the patient in his/her family and community;
- To utilize psychodynamic, cognitive, behavioral, family, environmental, and psychopharmacological interventions as indicated;
- To provide a safe and nurturing therapeutic environment to foster the development of a healthier self;
- To teach the patient and his/her family the identified skills needed to improve functioning.
In all programs, comprehensive treatment-oriented activities are provided by a multi-disciplinary staff.
Our master’s level, licensed clinical staff provides group therapy, family therapy, activities therapy, and recreational therapy. All clinical services are delivered by licensed professional staff including, but not limited to psychiatrists, registered nurses, mental health workers, clinical social workers, a dietitian, pharmacist, substance abuse counselors and recreational or activity therapists.
Clinical services that are not available with the facility may be provided through referral, consultation or contractual agreements with area professionals and other health care facilities.